
I had Dave Hatch or aka "Hatch" take some pic's of us of my new out fit. It looked springy! Is that a word??


Ha had some serious moments with our picture taking

Out by the pool! Dave's most favorite place to be

Now on to the other good half of the day! Miss Brittney made the dessert for the day. She is getting soo good at making these cupcakes. They look so good you don't want to eat them. But they did taste ever sooo good!

Here is chef Dave and his side kick Hatch. You see chef Dave in his swimming suit??? Yep he was cooking took some breaks and then went for a dip in the pool.

Now he is cooking up fried chicken just like how my Mom used to cook chicken. And I will have to admit that chef Dave did a wonderful job in frying up that chicken.

My mother used to cook it up in a black skillet pan when I was a kid. She was well known for her fried chicken. She would fry up like over 60 pieces of chicken for a family reunion. We had her fried chicken when it was a Sunday dinner or something special. Sorry to say you need the skin on to make it taste sooo good. Crispy...yum yum


Dave was such the great cooker, he also whipped out some of his Grandma's potatoes salad!! And it was great! I don't like potato salad really all that much, but this recipe I will eat! Great traditions from past mothers. It was a great day. I soo loved having all the kids over and eat and enjoy their company. Those day's of when the kids were small and all the fun stuff they would make for me the cards from church, school projects I do miss. But their is joy as they are adult kids and the fun times we are able to share with one another and this day is a great way to pay tribute our mothers. How much fun it will be for me to see their own kids celebrate mothers day with their own mothers as well. I had much joy this Mothers Day. I feel so blessed. I'm so excited that in a few weeks I get to be a Grandma. And it was nice to ponder upon my own thoughts of my own mother who has passed on.

1 comment:
Looks like you had a wonderful Mother's Day! Oh to have sunshine ;)
Post a Comment