Saturday, May 15, 2010

Mini Triathlon

David and I had the opportunity to take the youth of our ward to Pima Az to see the Gila Valley Temple open house. And also that weekend was a mini triathlon for the boy scouts that have them coming clear from New Mexico, Utah, Colorado...Wow! And they allowed girls to participate in it to. So I did have one of my young women who wanted to do the mini. And she brought a friend to be with her. So I even decided to to it. In summery, it was a fun trip. On the way up our suburban died. The engine blew up. Dave missed the open house, We both finished the mini!!

Here is our youth, young men, and the young men and the leaders who went. What an opportunity for the youth to see the Temple and learn about it!!

Here is ME, swimming in the pool with the water temp ahhh 60!!!! YES it was cold. I was not going to do this mini tri because of the water. But I bucked up and did it. It was only a 75 meter swim and decided I could do it! I had no shame, I lost my rhythm of swimming and walked the rest in! I'm tall and could do it! I have no shame!!


Getting ready for the bike ride.

The bike ride was only 6 miles.


Dave did a wonderful job at competing. We had to run 2 miles. He did great and was really proud of him! He did finish just a bit before me. I love ya Mr. Wright!

No comments: