Wednesday, February 4, 2009

A beautiful Day for a bike ride.....


Today was a beautiful day for a bike ride! The weather was so nice. It was like in the low 80's. Gotta love it when its that kind of temperature. So my friend Cheryl rides her bike by her self allot. And she invited me weeks ago to go with her. Well I got my bike back from Dave Hatch. David had to do some minor work like change the tube in the back tire and lower my seat. It was a awesome ride.

Cheryl took us down the canals to ride. We left on Brown road and went to Greenfield. Then went south and headed to Power road and went to Elliot. Then back north to Val Vista and Brown where she lives.

Some parts of the canal are paved. I found that to be very nice on my booty. The ride is much smoother to your fanny when you have not rode your bike in like 8 yrs. Cheryl and I used to go through Tempe into Scottsdale years ago.

Its a very peaceful to ride through the canals. I saw two bunnies. And you get to see what's in peoples back yards as well.

Now this is the fun part of the ride. Ha road rash!! I fell off my bike. Or maybe thrown off!! We were heading down the street and was going up on a curb. Well Cheryl was smart and made it. Well Pamela found it not so funny skidding my body across the cement! My bike did not make the curb so well. It was a tad big, and I hit it at a different angle and just well lost control and did a body slam. I'm sure it was pure entertainment for those riding in the car behind me, and across the street as well. Cheryl new something was wrong when out of my sweet mouth came the word S**T. Yes I can spell. You know the word. Cheryl was so kind to come and help me and make sure I was ok. It took me a minute to think I was ok. Then I said hey take a picture of this!! Then we just laughed and laughed. I did feel better after a laugh.

I wanted this picture to look like I was in sooo much pain. Well I was in pain. Just the fact your a grown women on the ground looking like a fool. Well Jaren this is for you!!! "But what happened" I believe I have a sprained wrist. It swelled up when I got home. Road rash on my knee and shoulder. But my bike survived the crash to! We rode 20 miles today!! AND I can't wait to do it again next week with Cheryl.

11 comments:

Jaylyn said...

Hey mom, i couldnt sleep so i decided since you woke me up...haha jk you didnt i thought i would get on and look on your page. Im so sorry you fell and got hurt i bet it was a funny sight to see though! haha, well glad you could do that and have fun with cheryl!

Unknown said...

Again? What part do you want to do again? lol Sounds like fun. I wish I could go bikeing but I left my bike in Missouri and even though it has a baby seat on the back I would still need a ?trailer? or something for Jeremiah so maybe in a year or so. I am glad you get to do so much. Sounds like fun minus the wrist.

Rachael said...

OUCH! I hope your wrist feels better! That looks like a beautiful bike ride! It was HOT here yesterday as well!

JennBooth said...

You finally made it on your bike ride..yay. That fall did not look to fun but i am glad you are okay!!

The Meyer Family said...

OH Pam! That looks like it hurt!I can't believe how nice the weather is~I'm gonna move in for a while, K!;} It's so cold here!

Anonymous said...

Pam, that's awesome! I hope your wrist gets feeling better!

Suzanne said...

You are one brave women!!! and my hero!!! Take care! Oh it does look sore! I am with you, you need to get back in the saddle :)

H said...

Yowzers Pam! That shoulder looks like it smarts. 20 miles though? Say "hi" to Cheryl for me next week and tell her not to push you off your bike again.

Camille, Mariah, and our loved ones! said...

Pammm oh my goodness hun! Haha I feel really bad for you.. that looks like it hurt!

Jess said...

oh man! This post is the very reason I don't do bikes! Crashing freaks me out. I am also terrified of motorcycles for the same reason. I have the wrong dad, hey?!?! You are amazing anyway, good work. Fearless aunt of mine!

Rachy J said...

Dude, just think what could of happened to your face or head had you not been wearin your helmet. I wouldn't need one because my head's as hard as a rock but, I'm glad you were wearing yours.