Saturday, July 21, 2012

One Crazy Haboob Storm

Dave and I missed last years Haboob that rolled in. We were out of town. But we were here for this one. We were in the jeep doing some errands and was at Sportsman's Warehouse and when we came out our eyes just got really big! 

 WOW is all I kept saying! And it was rolling in fast! I was nervous because we were in the jeep. No protection from the wind or rain that usually follows this stuff! 

 I was glad I had my camera with me. It was so weird to watch it moving in on us! 





 Nasty dirt every where!! I was really nervous when we went through it. And the winds were strong to. 






We got home before the rain hit. But we were so dirty it was not funny! I sat on a chair in the house and got up and just a ton of dirt dust was left on the chair. My ears were full of dirt. Even after I had showered the dirt was still there. I am glad it rained to settle down the dust a bit. The jeep is really dirty in the inside of it! Now I can say I have been through a Haboob and survived!!