Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Riparian Hike

 I thought I would share this oh so lovely picture of me after the big dust storm we had on Saturday! I look like a mess and felt like a mess! The jeep needs to be cleaned out as well!
 OK I feel like like a kid when they get their first back pack for school! I got this so that I can do the hikes we have been doing and not having a bigger back pack to lug around and having to freeze water bottles. This is much easier. So I was able to use it for the first time today. Cheryl, Sandra and I went to the Riparian off of Greenfield and Guadalupe. Its a place where you can walk around and see the many different birds around a lake. Its really a neat place that you would never know that its there. Early morning is a great time to go. And that's what we did. 6am we went and it was a little cloudy and humid but fun! We saw so many little bunnies. 
 So Sandra took us off to the canal to visit this cute little farm place! We got greeted with some new friends. This is such a nice place to visit that the owner have put out a feeding stand for people to feed the goats and what ever comes up for a visit. 
 That pig is so darn cute!
 This was so cute to see the Mama with her little babies swiming in the little water that was there. 

 Well hello there Miss Pam!! He is not afraid to come and say Hi!
 There is the turtle just thinking about coming out
This is the great view we had to look at this morning. Since we have had so many storms come through this past week its just so fun to see the beauty that comes after the storms. Weather it's in the early morning or later in the evening. I guess this makes up for the 100 + weather we get here in the summer that just wears on you after a awhile. 

No comments: