Thursday, January 26, 2012

Poems By Jaylyn..

Ok so I was looking in my documents again and came upon these poems by Jaylyn. Now I have to brag but my kids can write. They did not get that from their Mama! I really thought that at one time that Janica was going to write children books. She writes well. And Jaylyn does poems really well to. I just love to read what they write. So in one of these poems it says's how old she is 16 going om 17. I just love these poems and wanted to share a little about her. She is a beautiful person and she writes so well about herself.



What Do You See?

My life isn’t extraordinary and it’s not plain
My life changes like the seasons,
Which never run out of personality
At times I may rain, I may fail, and blow off hot steam, and even at times blossom to full color

I am unique though you may not see it
If you truly cared and knew me
You would know me and love me for whom I am
As if I were a sweet lemon growing up
Always trying to show the sweet and not the bitter
For we all don’t have one flavor

Life to me feels like a tumbleweed
Always chasing and catching up
It’s on going until my last breath of wind stops blowing
Until then you will be running to get to know me
Forever running

But if one day you catch up to me
And see through the hearts as I do
Only then you will know me
For a rose may be beautiful with her little pricks
She does no harm
For truly you surpass those thorns
And begin to see the rose of everyone’s soul

Life no matter what will be bittersweet
Its what you believe and see
Is exactly what you will perceive




The Partially Perfect Me

I live where it never rains
And sometimes that gets lame
And sometimes a glass of water doesn’t last
Could you guess I live in the southwest?

I am six-teen going on seven-teen
And far from being lean
I like to eat beans and tease
And smile all the while
Even though I have my moments of doubt
I would rather be optimistic

I enjoy going camping and boating with my family
Dancing, and spinning my saber
I enjoy all kinds of music except rap
I like to read and most of all, have my space

I live in a dangerous yet exciting world
That flashes and zooms before my eyes
And like me, ever evolving and changing

I am not perfect, as you can see
Yet striving to be
While the boys that make my eye lids flutter,
Into a wonderland of day dreams
The ones who lie can’t help but stutter!

As you can see
I am my own me
Who lives, loves, and laughs at life
Like any one human being
Just trying to get by
For I only have one life to live
And I am giving it my best shot

No comments: