Friday, February 19, 2010

Varisty Scout Coach


David is just to cute. He has a new calling in the ward. He is the Varsity Scout Coach. He was just called a couple of weeks ago. He is really excited. We now will have YM & YW's together. I am the Mia Maid Counselor so that is with the 14 to 16yr old girls, which right now I only have one and so we go with the Beehives. But he works with the 14 yr. old boys. He had his first activity on Weds which was we went and did ice blocking and cardboard riding at the park right by us. It was fun. They have like seriously 40 boys pretty much active and like 12-15 girls. At least that's a lot more girls then I have worked with in the past when I was a YW Pres. But he also had his first camp out tonight to go to. They went down south to camp and go to some caves. Ahhh I believe it's going to rain on them. But hey they are Boy Scouts, they love stuff like that.

He has been fussing all week on getting his Scout shirt and Pants and Badges all done for this trip. Dave's Mom and Dad are in town. So with a lot of help from her, this is not my favorite part of being a wife which I know I suck at, but she helped hem his pants and David put on his patches. Actually they have made it easier to put patches on. But then again Mr. Wright has always been good about doing his scout clothing! Hurrah for him and his new calling. He loves to camp with the boys, scout with the boys, show guns to the boys and their dads. Which I have a problem with him showing guns to his guest, the gun safe is in my room. Yep how did that happen, well it happens when Mr. Dave knows his lovely wife will not be home and he enables the help of his son Jory to come move it in my room when he knows I will protest! And I could not protest when I was not there. So there you have it gun safe in my room. He has his Javelina head on top of it as well as his Javelina hyde. Yuck! I did put a plant next to it to distract the look. But I'm glad to see him happy with his new calling!

3 comments:

Jess said...

Gun safe in my room too. But I will not allow any dead heads to go into the bedroom. He can have the rest of the house, since I know he loves it, but my bedroom is off limits. I guess I better never go out of town LOL. You have yourself a cute scouter boy!

Camille, Mariah, and our loved ones! said...

HAHAHA.. that is hilarious about the gun safe! MEN!

Me..... said...

Help these animals!!!!
http://ro-animalshelter.blogspot.com/