Thursday, February 4, 2010

New Findings

Ok so Dave and I were outside tonight with a special flash light looking for scorpions. YUCK! Yesterday we were at Ace hardware store getting some keys made and he saw the scorpions in a tank and then they were showing the special flash lights you use to find them. Ugg it's creepy to see them. So David came home with a flash light today and said lets look and see what we can find. Before we bought this house and as we were doing the house inspection we found a scorpion in one of the bathrooms. It was dead but it freaked me out a bit. Well none are in the house but its a very nice tool that flash light is. Dave said this is what the CSI people use on TV when they are doing their investigations looking for blood and stuff. So he was in the bathrooms looking at the toilets and sinks and floors. Looking for bacteria and junk. I have clean bathrooms. I feel good about that. But we did find one outside on the block fence. He killed it. I'm not surprised because with building this house you dig up a lot of ground and disturb stuff. And yes you can disturb scorpions. So with this new tool we will have to look every so often outside for the little critters.


But as we were going back in the house we saw this???? We were actually in the dark on the back patio and we really thought it was a BAT! Ok another freak for me. Ok my kids no me well. What were my first words when I thought it was a BAT???? LOL Holy shit! Cause in the dark we could see it hanging like a bat. So Dave came in and got a flash light a regular one and we turned on the porch light and this is what we saw??? Its not a BAT!! Ok Seriously I don't know what kind of bird this is. It had its head covered but just look how its holding on??? So Weird. We just said just leave it alone. I need to do some searching on it. but its really pretty though.

So this is Dave checking what the water temp is in the pool. Just ask me and I will tell you. COLD! It was 60 degrees. Yep cold. Its warmed up since last month. It was 56 degrees. Its not swimming time yet.

No comments: