Tuesday, February 23, 2010

~ Setteling In ~


This Part of my Post may be verrrry boring so scroll and look at the pic's but this is for me and my family's journey that I want to remember time and place and feelings

SETTLING IN! Home is where the heart is. But finally we are feeling like this is going to be OK! We are home. Did I doubt? NO, just got worried sometimes. Having to be very patient. To some people moving is really nothing. Just pick up your belongings and settle in. Well for the Wright family it is not all that easy. CHANGE is big for us and we did do that this year with selling our house in Tempe, moving into an Apt, LOL with Jaylyn and Jacob! I must say and hear me now!! Jaylyn and Mama are a lot a like! And guess what.... that is OK. WE are stubborn, say our feelings whether we need to or not..But dang we have a lot of love for each other! As I look back on this adventure I often would wonder what all this I would embrace and change me for the better? Trusting in the lord and just being patient. The time in the Apt was just plain weird, but then again glad that we had the opportunity to do it. I felt no pressure to hurry and buy and not get what we OR selfishly say WHAT I WANTED!! All Pam wanted was the same house that I left in Tempe. Same bedroom space, Same bathroom space (3 bathrooms is what I need) I knew I had left a wonderful clean home and just wanted if not the same but better. Truly I had hoped for a new home to be built, but really I did get one just that I did not have to suffer the pain of building it! = ) Dave and I looked at some very interesting homes along our journey. We have some very patient friends Laci and Cheryl. They came with us a lot with looking at some of these homes. Looked as some really gross homes and just thought what are they thinking. Then I felt like a snob and did not like anything. One house we did like and really felt that it could work for Dave and I and did put an offer on in back in August. It was off of Greenfield and Brown area. Nice home. Much older though, but we or I might say David was willing to not have the things he wanted like his "Man Cave". But we went to Lake Powell for a trip and on the way home on the rez we got the call from our Realtor stating they did not take our offer. Hmmm funny thing I already had a prompting come to me and the feeling was that we would not get it, and it was OK. Really OK. And I felt at peace. We looked at more homes really liked this one house off of Elna Rae in Mesa It was a old home! I laugh at this one cause this poor lady still lived in the 70's!! Litterly. But for some reason it did attract me. But really not enough to put an offer in. But then we have some friends that told us about 2 homes of their neighbors homes that was up for sale. This was about in October. We had dinner with them. They are Ron and Linda Anderson . One was the neighbor right next to them and one a couple houses up. We looked at the one up the street from Ron and Linda and really loved it. It has a basement. Which my kids said you have to buy it!! I laughed what you don't even live with us....LOL But only one problem, it had a master bedroom up stairs and that's all. All the bedrooms where down stairs. Well it has been very important that we find a room for Dave's parents when they come for a visit. And we did not feel very comfortable having them have to go up and down stairs to sleep. So that was kind of a heart break cause we really liked it. It was off of Recker and Ray. But then we contacted the other family next to Ron and Linda and asked them about their home they had for sale. They had said that they were wanting to sell the new home they built off of Higley and Pecos, where we are now. Hmm OK. So I do remember going to look for this house and funny thing we had been in the area before looking at homes because its in an area that has horse property farming ect. So funny. So we find the house and drive down the dirt road which I thought was dumb...My thoughts were hey you can't even see the front of the house, its not on the main road. And seriously I was not to positive about looking at this house anyways. And then it has a dirt road to it as well. Again I thought how dumb! So we go up to the front door and the porch of the front house has rocks and stuff. I was just thinking and looking all around me. It was nice... We go in and it has wood floors and then I see a lot of custom made stuff. Like the front door was huge. and then we made our way to the kitchen. Gorgeous! That's all I can say. Custom cabinets. And really all that was going through my head was this is out of our league. No way can we afford this!!!!! Don't get hooked cause you can't have it!! I still remember having all these reservation feelings as to that I liked it but really do I? Could I see my self in it?? Then we were sold when we saw the little master suit on the other side of the house that had a bedroom with the bathroom attached to it. That would be Granny and Pa's room!! And also Janica and Cam's when they come and visit. Feelings just swirled and it had the same amount of rooms in my other house I left. And all this time I was worrying about a room for Jaren Phil to come home to as well I picked his room out!! Fits his guitars and all! In a nut shell it was becoming a short sale they wanted out. The wife wanted to go back to her house she liked a lot better. Next to Ron and Linda off of Ray and Recker. They just decided to quit making payments so that it could be done a short sale. And it went pretty quickly. Cheryl my friend said be patient don't settle you will know when you see what you want. I had a really hard time comprehending that idea cause I never had that great feeling about any of those homes we looked at. But I did on this one. I had a lot of reservations on wanting this house. Well because I really really wanted to live by my friend Cheryl and I really had fallen in love with the area that she lives in. Val Vista & Brown area. Love that area, just could not find a home there that we had that feeling on. But Dave and I really liked this house. But it did not have his "Man Cave" He would have to build it. But the 4 car garage was just huge he would settle with that for now with working on is projects and his gun adventure he is doing. I believe two people came in the middle and finally settled on a home. Dave and I honestly had some struggles on homes, we do have our own opinions and sometimes they come out strong! I know there was times he did not like me but that was the same for me as well. LOL Good to look back and laugh I suppose. The bank did move quickly and we put an offer in I believe in November and had the house December. December 19Th we moved in! Pretty good I might say. The only thing to the home that we just had to do before we moved in was paint our room. The master room and bath. We just have different tastes on colors that's all. Pink in the bedroom is not my color even though I like pink and the bathroom was a yucky peach. But we fixed that.
When we had our lay over in the Durrango Ward which was a really nice ward. They were so so friendly with us. It almost was over whelming for me. In the Peterson Park ward its not that big. And then with being there for 25 yrs you tend to get very used to people and how many are there. But we did enjoy our stay. The first part of December Dave and I decided to go to the ward that would be our next ward. It is the Fairview Ward. And it was fast Sunday. We just wanted to check out the people and see what it would be like. It's funny as we sat there were were trying to find people to identify with. We did find people that reminded us of the Peterson Park Ward. We were amazed at how many children bore their testimony's. It was really cute. But as I sat there just glazing around at the ward I had a feeling come to me that we would be OK here in this ward. I whispered that into David's ear and he felt the same way. Your just trying to find your comfort zone and feel good about it. Change like I said is hard. We met with the Bishop Brick after sacrament and introduced ourselves to them and explained our situation. They were so kind to us. Wanted us to make sure we called them for when we moved in and they would help. And they did when we moved in. This ward has a lot of new couples and in between and older people. But a lot of young couples. When we moved in we had the Bishop Brick come for a visit. So weird I was so nervous. WHY?? Just having someone get to no us. One of the counselors reminds us of Clint Draney so much. And what a small world as well, our Bishop is brothers to the Neilsons in the Tempe Stake. So David knows the Bishops brothers really well. We both have callings now and are both with the youth. I really don't want to move again. I find getting to know people is really hard for me. I have found my self more shyer then what I thought I was. Which I'm trying to be better. For me I find it overwhelming to try and get the names with the faces. Maybe I'm trying to hard.... But some faces are becoming familiar now just that I need to get the names!! Time! But Dave and I really do feel welcomed in the ward. We did have to give talks. I really tried for myself to get out of it. But I had to give in and give a talk. David really did help me a lot with preparing it. And for him it was easy. He gave such a wonderful talk. They loved him.

I'm still amazed that we have this house. It has so much space for us. We have been asked why the hec did you get such a bigger house??? Well for me I wanted more space for when we have more grand kids. Are family is still some what growing...we have to wait for Jaren Phil to find some one. But I wanted room for the grand kids to come and space to have family gatherings. I know its more work but its worth it.

I love my kitchen. Its funny but this is where you end up a lot when your visiting! It has all the upgrades that I would have never emanged to get.

David have been so funny to watch as he is learning how to care for a pool. Honestly I could have cared less if we had a pool. But he will enjoy it. And I know the kids will to. In a year or so we will have to put up a fence. I really worry with little ones around.

This is where Dave wants to build his "Man Cave" It won't be this year, but soon someday. I like how he gets on his riding lawn mower and plays while he works. It's like having a new toy to him. It will get old mowing the lawn that's where Jaren Phil will come in!! But Dave has really enjoyed getting things done. Working on the house and finding projects to get done. He is happy. For me I have enjoyed coming out side and just amazed we live here. All I wanted in the move was to find a house that I would love and want the kids to be happy with what we bought. I know that Janica, Jory, Jaylyn are happy with what we found. Janica said this is what she wanted when they were kids to have space to grow up. Sorry that she did not get it, but her kids will benefit from it. Tempe was the place where so many people shaped who Dave and I are and our children and I won't forget that. And I know for Jaren when he gets home he will like his new home. Its just funny to feel like your in the country and down the street a half a mile is the San Tan Mall. Ha we have a Costco, Sam's Club, WAL-MART what else can you ask for!!! We have so many things next to us.

I'm happy to feel blessed that Heavenly Father led us here. I know this is where we are suppose to be. I feel so blessed that our memories have come with us in our previous homes and that they stay with us, and what a journey we are taking on new memories. Jaylyn's and Jacbob's baby coming, Jaren coming home and so on and so on. It just feels sooo good to look down this street to see our new home and say we are finally home again.

2 comments:

Cheryl and Laci....or maybe just Cheryl said...

I am so happy that you found your dream home even if it takes me a half a tank of gas and three hours to get there. :0)
It is the "Wright Home" for the Wright Family and I thrilled for you.

Suzanne said...

I am just grateful to be a part of such a wonderful family. I just can't wait to see the new home! The pictures are just fabulous