Monday, December 15, 2008

The Tree is up!

So David took out our Christmas boxes a week ago Friday! And he put together the Christmas tree I believe on a Monday. I took me like two days to put up the ornaments on the tree. Ha I guess we are not in a hurry. Well finally this past Saturday David put all the boxes away. I finally said to him I'M DONE with the decorations. I did not put up all the stuff I normally do. I said its two weeks before Christmas and then after that I have to take down. I sound like a scrooge when I said I wasn't really a scrooge....Christmas is a bit different this year with having Jaren on his mission, Jory in St. George. No one is here to really care about Christmas. So in a funny way Dave and I have a what ever attitude. But Janica and Cam come in this Thursday and things will be better. We will all come together before Christmas. When the kids were little Dave would set the tree up, back then we would go and cut our tree down. I miss that tons. And then we would let the kids put on the ornaments. My dad and Nelda would give the kids every year a new ornament to put up. They loved it. So now I'm down to just the boy's ornaments. Janica and Jaylyn have taken theirs with them since they are married. I miss watching them decorating the tree. I fussed to much this year about the tree of how it looks. I was the only one decorating it. When I was a kid we had a tree that was sliver with blue bulbs. And we had a color wheel that turned around that would change the color of the tree. The colors where blue, yellow red and green. WOW what a throw back. I remember I would just lay on the floor and just watch the color wheel go round and round and see how the color of the tree would change.





This is an ornament that we had on my tree when I was a child. It was one of my favorites that I always looked forward to see on our tree. I some how got it and now I love to put it on our tree with our family. I have very fond memories with this one so that I won't forget the silver tree with the color wheel.

2 comments:

The Meyer Family said...

I love the tree Pam! I love hearing everyones memories about the holidays!

Jess said...

Wow, the tree looks beautiful. Congrats, you beat me! We cut our tree about a month ago and it is still in the back yard in a bucket of water. We are just sooo busy. And I am not a scrooge at all but I put all of gma's decorations up and I was over it so I didn't even bother to worry about unpacking mine! In my defense they are not here where I live but at my bro-in-laws in his basement. Too much work...
I hope we at least get a tree up this week so Santa has somewhere to put all the presents!

Have a wonderful christmas. I know that Janica is excited to be home and Jay sounds like she is excited too. Have a merry one with all your babes home and the FABULOUS FIRST PHONE CALL!