Eugene Ray Roskelley known as "Pete" and "Gene"Wednesday, December 17, 2008
My Dad
Today I want to write about my dad. Its been 12 years since he has passed away. With living in Arizona I don't get the opportunity to go and visit his grave. So I felt that I could express my feelings about him on my blog. Both of my parents have passed away when they were young. Now that I'm in my 40's.......ha old seems different now. If your 95 your old! But my Dad was only 64 when he passed away. And my mother was only 58. But today I want to express my love I have for my dad, and I'm very happy of the memories I have of him. I could write and write but I won't bore you. My dad was a simple man. He loved his family. Wanted the best for them. I have so many memories of him taking care of us kids when we were little. He would always give us baths my younger sister and my twin brother. He would wash our hair and make fun hair dews with the shampoo. In the summer time when we would get sunburns he would put on noxzema on our faces like painted little indians. He would tuck us into bed and we would every night and I mean every night ask him if he had to go to work the next day. And of course the answer would be every night is YES. In the winter time he would with my older brother get a rope and a tube and tie it to the back of his truck and pull us around the neighborhood when it had snowed and the streets had not been plowed yet. Ok that don't happen any more but that was fun. It was safe back then to do that or at least we thought. My dad was a good worker. He always had our yard looking so nice. Mowed the lawn each week. Trimmed the flowers. And when he remarried to Nelda, he did he same thing. He would grow a beautiful garden as well. He would take us to this park and when he did he would drive over the bridge really fast to make our tummy's feel funny. He made the best pancakes in the world. You could just eat the batter if you wanted to. And to this day no one has his recipe it was his secret. He hunted deer and pheasants allot. And he took both my brothers to hunt and teach them how. And as we got older he would sit us down and have these long long talks with us. It would take him forever to get to the point of what he wanted to say. He only wanted the best for us. He taught us well to be honest fair people. He loved to play with the grand children. Always made time for them.
Eugene Ray Roskelley known as "Pete" and "Gene"
Eugene Ray Roskelley known as "Pete" and "Gene"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
okay, thanks Pam. Officially crying like a baby now! I cannot believe it has been 12 years since we have had him to hug. I remember his super tight hugs and that he was always happy and comfortable to be with. I wish I had a better memory and could remember more of what I loved about him...but I have no doubt that someday he will have the chance to remind me again. Dad really reminds me of him, I think they have a lot of the same personality. Is this true?
Thanks for the post!
I am with Jess!! I found myself choking up because I felt like I was reading about my Dave! I am sure they were different in many ways but the way they felt and acted towards their families is so similar. I have no doubt he was a great man. I watch the love and admiration his family has for him. He truely worked his way into the hearts of his children and you are all shining examples of this man. I wish I could of known him.
That is very sweet. He would be proud to see that HUGE family!
Post a Comment