Tuesday, December 16, 2008

My Christmas Angels

These are my Christmas Angels. Even though I may have not put ALL my Christmas decorations up these ones are a must. They are very dear to my heart. My dad past away just before Christmas, which I will post more about that later. But my sweet cousin gave this to me. Her name is Marci. I bring this out at Christmas time and I think both of my dad, and then of Marci. How sweet and kind she was to have given me such a beautiful doll. I remember when she gave it to me. So when I pull out my Christmas Angel as I call her, I think of the love for my dad at this time of the year, and of Marci who was so kind to me at the passing of my dad. I love to pull her out and just think of the wonderful times I had with my dad. I feel he is with me around this time of the year. Its hard for me not to cry when I pull her out. Thanks Marci for this wonderful memories you have given me. For I have one of my dad but then I have one of you.




This is my second Christmas Angel. Its a bit different then my doll, but it has the same memories. Its one of my mother. My Mom collected frogs when she was alive. All sorts of different ones. So one year I found this cute little frog and now she is apart of my Christmas Angles. I pull her out and I have very fond memories of my mother. I feel her close around this time of year as well. Having these angels out helps me remember my parents around the holidays. Memories of my childhood Christmas's. Like getting up at 3am to see if Santa had come and he did and going out to play with our presents and my dad coming out with us to see what Santa brought. (as an adult later finding out he just got to bed!) And playing all morning with my Crissy doll with her orange red hair that would pull from the top of her head. And my barbies that had a dancing stage and they would rock from side to side. And new bikes, ha that was so fun. I got a pink bike one year. And living in Utah we could not ride our bikes outside because we would have tons of snow. So down stairs we go and ride our bikes in the basement. Those are the memories I don't want to forget or the feelings of it. I hope that I can pass on my Christmas Angels to my children so they will remember the memories they have of Christmas as well.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

I loved reading this. I remembered so many wonderful memories of my own. It is such a great time of year. Thank you for sharing....