We went to Lake Powell with some friends from the ward. Dave works with Rollin Adams with the Young Men program, scouting and stuff, and I really meet his wife Juanita while we were in Wal-mart shopping. Very nice people. And we have a love for Lake Powell like they do! Its nice to see some one else just live for Powell!!
On our drive to Lake Powell we stopped in Flagstaff for gas. On our way out we saw this beautiful rainbow.
And then when we got to page while going through to check in to Lake Powell we saw another rainbow. I believe it just rained before we got there. So lucky to see two in one day in different spots.
So while we were out on a boat day trip we went to this place that Rollin showed us where they parked their house boat last month when he was there. Its a hide away tucked in place that you would never now its there. Loved this place. Another houseboat was there parked in the spot, but we just floated around and talked and enjoyed the area. These really sweet girls came swimming to us and said that their parents said that it was ok to come to their house boat and go off the slide!! I do have to admit the slides were really cool on the house boat. Well really the house boat was really cool!! I have seen this house boat parked before over at Antelope Point. So we have Rolland and Juanita's granddaughter and said lets go over there to go off the slide. I actually made Dave go with her. I have a fear of heights....I would embarrass myself of my screaming....
So here is Dave making friends and visiting with the people on this house boat. They were from Vegas and St. George Ut area. Very nice people.
There goes Olivia off the top slide. She is brave!! We had so much fun doing this. Glad we did it!
Here is Rollin and Juanita's house boat. Its was really different to be on some one elses house boat. Learning how they do stuff verses how we do things. It was nice.
This is an early morning shot I was taking just playing with my camera. The mornings are very peacefull if you take the time to just sit and enjoy it. I did that morning.
Ha there is Dave sleeping in the chair.
Now this is the mother of all storms as we called it that came up on us. We were in Secret Canyon showing Rollin and Juanita and Oliva. When we went into the canyon the sky was blue blue with no clouds. Came out about a half hour later and saw black dark sky's to the east of us. Sooo we now the rule better head back to camp and we did.
I don't think that I have seen the wind stir up the sand like this before. And it was a fast moving storm
We had enough time to get on the houseboat tie up our boat before the storm hit. Wind, blowing sand and lighting and thundering really hard is what we got. It's a storm that I have not seen in a long while at Powell.
Dave had to go our in the rain and pull in Rollin's boat because it came undone from his anchor in the water and was going to hit our boat. Rolland had to turn on the engines and put the boat in the middle to keep the anchors anchored on the banks and not come loose. Strong strong winds we had. And they did pull on the anchors to.
The storm lasted about an hour! All was calm when it was done. Except our bedding on top got wet. We forgot to check it when we came in and yea it got wet. We had a great trip. Can't wait to go again soon!!






No comments:
Post a Comment