Sunday, January 25, 2009

The Light Rail & City Bus!

We had some friends from the ward invite us to go to Phoenix and eat pizza at a place called Pizzeria Bianco. Its not a very big place and you have to go really early because you can have up to a 3 or 4 hour wait to get in! It's good pizza! So the plan was to meet at the Light Rail that just got finished and started to run the first of January. But Dave and a couple of the men in the group we are suppose to go out with, (Clint and Jared) went on a bird hunt in the morning time. It's quail season right now. But they were suppose to be back at noon. Why did I just laugh at my self and think those boys won't make it. Well a mama knows boys and hunting!! They got home at 1:45 pm. Well we missed meeting up with everyone at 2:30, but managed to head out like at 4pm. Yes at little later. But Dave said lets ride the city bus to the light rail.......hmmmm I have never rode the city bus before. My kids have but not me.....!! So the bus was late...whats new, took like 20 minutes to get to the light rail, which if we drove there it would have been like hmmm 10 minutes I'm sure. But its all about he adventure. Met some really nice people on the bus. Now the light rail. So for all those that have no idea about the light rail, like we did, when you purchase a bus pass its good for the light rail as well. But we didn't know that so we purchased a light rail pass in addition to the bus pass, but then we missed the train. SOOO more waiting.




So now we are just waiting to get on the light rail. I was really excited to do this. So now I have been on the city bus for the first time and the light rail for the first time. So after waiting another 15 minutes we get on.

Here is Dave with the passengers around us. It got really full. Now this pic does not show how full it was because we had like 3 more stops to pick up people

I was very fortunate that I got a seat to sit down. I'm a little nervous of how many they let jam pack the train. It was worse later after I took this pic of Jory. And they did not check to see if we had a ticket either. But we had some one tell us that if and when they ever do decide to do a random check and you don't have a ticket, the fine is like $180.00 ticket. So just buy one and be honest!! And on the light rail we met some nice people as well. How can you not make friends with them when they are just a nose away or as Jory so innocently found out, a boobie brushing away.

Ah so now we are off! And along our walk this is what I found. This nice statue! This makes good conversational piece with people if your bored walking.


WE made it to Pizzeria Bianco. Our friends which they are Marc in the yellow shirt, Carrianne and baby Kate, Rusty which is Carrianne's husband Dave talking, and Clint, and the head of Jaylee.


The other side of the table, now I have Jaylee's head just right, Jared & Diane. You can tell they belong to each other. And little Micah and his mommy and daddy Jill and Marc. Sorry Marc I got you with your eyes closed. We did not get to eat with them. It took so long to get there like an hour and a half so they had already ordered their pizza. They were really sad as to not have us join in.....LOL But Dave and I and Jory decided to go over to the Arizona Center and eat at a place called Mi Amigo's. A Mexican restaurant.


But hey we found some other friends to visit with. Well OK they are Jory's friends, Jake and Mekell Bell and his twin brother if you can't tell Josh and he was on a date with Jenni sitting next to Jory. They were just killing time before they went to the Monster Truck show.

We walked around the center and got some cold stone cream ice cream and just had fun and then headed back to the light rail and headed home. It was fun. We want to do this again. The weather right now is just so nice you need to take every advantage of it!! SO I hope every one is up to another trip on the light rail!!

6 comments:

Jaylyn said...

COol, looks like you guys had fun!

Suzanne said...

I soooo remember the days of the bus, light rail, the train (Front-runner)... It takes much longer to ride these modes of transportation. I couldn't do it any more thats when I started to ride my motorcycle. I don't know is I will ride it much this summer though. If gas stays down probaly not. I have ridden the light rail enough I have taken to wearing a head set and not looking any one directly in the eyes... ! ...

The Brimhalls said...

It looks like you had fun. I want to take Ryker on the Frontrunner, we were going to go this last weekend but of course we had a snow storm.

Unknown said...

Wow what a trip! We never take up that much time doing stuff. How fun!

The Meyer Family said...

Isn't public transportation the best!?lol Love the pic of the nude statue;}

Carianne said...

How funny. I am glad that you posted the whole story. By the way, I know Jake & Josh Bell! I went to school with their older brother. We'll have to go back for pizza soon.