Monday, January 19, 2009

Jaren Phil

Today is Jaren's P-day. And the day we get an email from him. As a mom you sit and wait for that letter to come in. Well the last few weeks have not been constant with how they usually come in on Mondays. He usually writes in about like 5 am because he is 5 hours ahead of us. So last week it never came till Tuesday because he had an activity of some sort. And I just decided that today we were not going to get one as well. Maybe tomorrow...Well he just wrote in his letter. I was just like hey what its like 10 pm over there. What is he doing out that late!! There is a reason why. Transfers don't happen till the first of Feb, but this transfer was different. He is in Rosario. His mission home. He is serving with the Mission Pres as his secretary. WOW! So I guess he is safe to write a letter that late in the night. He is a humble young man. Loves his mission. But I want to share what he wrote about his feelings. It's a poem of some sort.

I learned something today, its called change
I'm still me and your still you
And believe me I'm just as scared too
With a sunny day ending behind us and a storm just ahead
We've got two hours to closure up the rest
So don't let a minute go by, not even a second tic by
Embrace the trials and you will be fine
If you want something go get it, just say I can and the rest will follow through
And just because you feel inadequate doesn't mean you can't handle it
The choice is yours to take, to be who you are and to undertake
This life is learning and each day a test
So get to getting and never give less than your best

So change is in store for Jaren. A good change that will make him stretch a bit. Sometimes we all need that in our lives weather we like it or not. I don't do well with change. But if I was in a place like Jaren you just do it!! He is so spiritually in tuned. I'm not on a high as him, but I should try harder and be there. But he inspires me to be.

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

It has been said that to have a member of a family on a mission blesses the entire family! This is such a true statement. I felt it when Jory was out and i feel it just as strong having Jaren out. I love these two boys and couldn't be prouder of them or the parents that raised them. What a privilaged mom and pa you two are!!

JennBooth said...

I loved the thought you shared from him! That is awesome he is the secretary of the mission president. It seems most are on such a spiritual high when on their missions, i love to hear from my brother as he is as well:)