Monday, November 17, 2008

I'm not a Scrooge!

David has been teasing me so much this weekend about getting ready for Christmas. He wants to listen to the radio station that is ALREADY playing Christmas music. They started playing it last week. And I won't yet. He is saying that Thanksgiving is just two weeks away and then after that just 3 weeks till Christmas. I just really want to enjoy the Holidays as they come. You see Halloween is in stores in September. And then Christmas is being pushed in October. I just don't like being shoved into the Holidays like that. My personal feeling is that Thanksgiving gets really missed and I think its a really important one for us to really give thanks for allot of things. Let me feel THANKFUL for all that I have and then start going into the Christmas spirit with the right feeling of love and service. Christmas is a really fun time for me. I love the decorations, our traditions that we create. But most of all the giving part. so I'M NOT A SCROOGE! I just want to enjoy the Holidays that are coming and be peaceful about it all.

7 comments:

Rachael said...

Steve insisted we put up the tree yesterday! I feel the same way-the Thanksgiving decorations won't be making an appearance this year! It is sad!

Jaylyn said...

I dont have thanksgiving decorations...so im up for xmas stuff right now, but i do agree we should celebrate each holliday! glad you didnt put that javelina in the house

M said...

I am in the same boat Pam. I don't want it to seem like it's here too soon.

H said...

THANKSGIVING RULES! Down with Christmas until black Friday, then you can go to town!

The Brimhalls said...

I agree with the christmas music but i got to say I did make Josh put up Christmas lights on our house for the first time last weekend and he said its not even Thanksgiving yet and I promised I wouldn't turn them on til after thanksgiving but we were busy the next couple of weeks and what if it snows

Jess said...

I loved this post! It really was great to remember that if we fully enjoy thanksgiving we are in a better mindset as we enter the busy Christmas season...
I don't think that I try to pass over Thanksgiving..I HATE the early Christmas music but I do actually like to be ready for Christmas before the eve of so I like that I can start all the shopping before Thanksgiving.

Suzanne said...

I admit to being crazy :) I love the holiday seasons. The season starts for me at Halloween. However we do individually celebrate each holiday for its meaning. The christmas music for me is a mood setter for Thanksgiving and the holidays in general. Dave will not listen to it so I don't ask him to. When we drive together I have the station on country or something. My Fall decoration are just beautiful to me and I love my Christmas ones just as much. I don't mind the Holidays blending some but I agree with you all and each is to be celebrated and managed in the spirit they were meant for.