Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Honoring 9-11

Jory Brittney and I (Dave was in china on his business trip)  had the opportunity to go down to Tempe Town Lake and see all the flags that were put up in honoring the 9-11 victims that lost their lives that day. Ohh what a site to see. You have a feeling that overcomes you when you see this many flags flying. And you know why they are all there. The question was asked a lot that day..Do you remember what you were doing and where you were when the two airplanes hit into the trade center in New York...Yes I do!! And then you listen to the other of their stories. Well mine was I just came home from the gym early in the morning with a good friend of mine Liz Montes, kids getting ready for school, some have left already and turned on the tv to watch the news and then you see all this commotion going on and you wonder what and where is this happening and is it for real! Well yes it was all true. And what you saw was the most awful tragedy that happened here on Americas soil. It's been 11 yrs and  I really remember those feelings. They don't go away. My heart just feels so sad when you think of the innocent people who lost their life's to terrorist. When were were looking at the flags they had the names of the people on them. Wow I had many tears in my eye. So many hero's that day. I am grateful for those that serve our country who go and protect me and where I live so that this will never happen again. My heart is overwhelmed with many emotions remembering this day.









This is a picture of Tempe Town Lake lit up. Its beautiful out at night there. The above picture is me trying out some different settings on the camera. It's new, not to sure about it. But we had a fun night remembering those that are gone and enjoying the entertainment that was provided while we visited.

No comments: