Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The Mother Load Of All Storms!!!


We seriously thought that the Monsoon weather was gone!!! NOT! But then again I don't think this was a monsoon type of weather. It was a big big big storm that hit right around work. Just off of Baseline and Stapley. But then again it was a major storm that hit Gilbert, Mesa, Chandler and Phoenix. But it did not hit at home like it did towards work. I just left work with David from having lunch with him. Like after 1pm. Went to Ulta to get some hair products and just realized that I forgot my coupon. So I just said to myself that I will just head home and get it and then go to the one by home. Then I just decided to go ahead and hit Kohl's. I have not been there for over a year...I wanted to look for some dockers pants for David. So I was inside by the pants and thought is that rain??? I could hear that it was thundering, but the weather did not look real threatening when I went in the store. I could not decide if it was rain or the air conditioner going on real hard. So it continued then I went to the front doors. And ya it was raining. Hard. So then I went by the shoes and was looking at them, and the same thing is that rain or the air conditioner again. So I went to a different door and WOW it was rain!!! It looked like we were in a Hurricane. It seriously freaked me out. I called David to tell him what I was seeing. He was so worried about me. I did not know if I was in the car driving. If I was to be driving in that mess of rain I would have been crying!! I have never seen so much rain and hail all in about 5 minutes. You could not see the cars in the parking lot due to the rain and wind and hail. Well after it passed I was done and wanted to head home. The sun came out so weird and then the after math of it all.


When I came out to the car I just was amazed at how much water was in the parking lot. I had to take off my sandals to walk to my car.

As you can see the water was up to my ankles. I just laughed so hard to myself.

So there was a lot of downed trees in the parking lot. Thank goodness I did not park next to a tree.

All these trees were in Kohl's parking lot. They just snapped.


Came home less then an hr and it started to rain at home. Not what we got earlier towards work, but it rained.


Should have been catching that rain and then washed my hair in rain water. The storms kept passing all day. It was so nice to see the rain come and go. We really need the rain. But this storm created a lot of mess to clean up.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

I heard about this rain storm on the news!! Scary... Glad all is well.