Saturday, October 2, 2010

Camping

Dave and I went to Hannagan Meadows to go camping for the weekend. Its the opening of Bear Hunt!! This is our 3rd yr of doing this. And it was also conference weekend. We did not get to watch conference or hear it. Sometimes on our radio in the trailer we can get it and listen to it. But not this year. I really love this area to camp in. The woods there seem so different then from camping in Flagstaff. But I love to go as in hoping to see some color changes in the leaves. Its been so hot down in the valley that its nice to feel the cooler weather and see that fall is really right around the corner. Well we were really disappointed this year. No change in the leaf colors. It was warm. So we just went on our Bear hunt on the quad as usual. Well your going to get a lesson here. Do you know what bear poop is called???? Hahah its called Scat.. Why??? who the hec knows! So Dave was having conversations with other hunters out and about hunting Turkeys and talking about Scat! How much there was in this area and then not some in other areas. Fun talk I might say.....There was a lot of more campers this year then we have ever saw in the last 2 yrs. There was a Turkey hunt going on and I think a squirrel hunt. Ya squirrel! But all in all it was a fun trip to get away and enjoy the outdoors.


Since I did not see any leaves change they were not even really at the yellow level yet.. I saw these pretty flowers right by our camp.

This is the black river, its a fun ride to ride down to on the quad.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Oh this makes me want to get a pre-winter trip in :) I know we would have snow. A couple of years ago Dave and I did a snow trip. We loved it.