Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Halloween Decorations






A week ago Saturday, Dave came home from quail hunting, he had a good hunt by the way. So he knew he has to do some Honey Do's for me..... So he got right on it and started putting up our lights outside for Halloween. It was good to finally get started on it. Its time to move with the season. I just want summer to last longer. Not the heat to stay, but the playing to stay. Lake Powell to linger! But I also just have had a hard time with the change of things. I did realize one thing was that I just missed Jaren Phil! Plain and simple. I just had to admit it. I know its OK to miss him, Just that he is not here to have fun with through the Holiday seasons. So David was really good at getting all the Halloween boxes out on to the floor and let the decorating begin. When the kids were little we were so into decorating the house. I just loved doing it. We would put spider webs up, and and also decorate up the windows outside to. Now with the kids grown I don't get heavy into decorating like we used to. Maybe when we have grand kids it might be different?? But I do have my favorites to decorate with and its always fun to bring them out and have memories.

6 comments:

Monica said...

I love it! I have a few mediocre decorations, but your house looks awesome. Way to get into the halloween spirit(whatever that is).

Rachael said...

Love the outside lights! It is a big enough pain at Christmas that I only make Steve do it 1x a year! Although last year we put up the rope lights UNDER the eves so they are up all year round and the HOA has no idea! Oh we are sneaky!!!

The Meyer Family said...

I love the decorating! We didn't really get into it until we had Avery. Now we try really hard to decorate for the holidays!

Jaylyn said...

The HOUSE looks great mom! I wish I had enouhg money to go out and buy halloween and christmas decorations...but over time i should accumulate hopefully! haha glad dad was able to put stuff up!

Christensen's said...

It looks good ma!

Suzanne said...

Oh, oh, oh,.... I was in heaven when I saw this post... I love the look! As we all know I love to decorate for any and all the holidays. Heck I could even make one up :) Your house looks so fun. Missing our children is what moms do. We missed you guys at pumpkin carving night.