
This was a really neat trip because neither of our families have been to Lake Havasu So we did some night time checking things out before our big adventure the next day.



Brother Dave just trying out the wet suit to make sure how it goes on and off!! Very important...

He was good about helping me out getting my numbers on my bike!

Ready or NOT here we come

One of my fan's MY Mr. Wright!

Brad and Tonya Naef our good friends was also doing the triathlon ( and by the way they did awesome in it too! )

OK I may look a tad worried because the water was ice ice cold!! Ya Ya Cheryl you told me it was COLD... BUT You bailed on me to going to Florida... LOL I still love ya, but you warned me!!


I can not express how ice ice ice cold it was even with a wet suit on. Frankly it freaked me out that I just panicked in the water. Tried to swim on my back to catch my breath, but got soooo dizzy, because I was dealing with vertigo...uggg but I did finish it, but I was in the water for like 34 minutes. Dave said I was really pale when I came out. I was really upset at myself that I just sucked at the swimming. And I had a cold coming on that I believe was effecting me to. Dave and Jaylyn and my sister in-law Suzanne did not know what to do with me. I was wearing my feelings on my wet suit ha...and I did start to cry. Was on the brink on not wanting to finish. Dave was wanting to hug me but when I had done a triathlon a year ago they could not have contact with me so he was soo afraid of touching me and me getting disqualified.


A women came over to me and said your alright. You can finish it. She came out of her way to help me before she was to do her swim. She was my angel. She just encouraged me to go on and at that point I got a grip and went on. She helped me off with my wet suit. I have no idea who she is we tried looking on our pictures if we could find her number and then get her name but nothing came up. What a wonderful selfless act she did for me. Thank You My Angel Helper.

I'm off finally on my bike ride. But I did not have great success at that. Just was not my day to do things right!! On my route they took down the sprint turn around to head back because they had a sprint going on and an Olympic to. Well I went 4 to 5 miles extra on my 13 mile bike ride.


Dave did a great job on his bike ride and his run. When I finally came in from my bike ride I was pooped and pissed and very horse in my voice because I had no water to drink. Some where along the way I lost my water bottle...Once again I was just thinking to not finish...Well my brother talked with and encouraged me to finish!!! He decided to run with me on MY run so he was my angel on my last leg of the triathlon. He soo helped me and encourged me to just do it!!

By no means was I fast BUT I finished and he finished twice with the run!! What a great brother!


It was great to have some down time after the triathlon

Now some fun time.This was so much fun to be with every one. It was sooo much fun to be with my niece Jessica and her oldest boy Sawyer. He is so stinking cute to. And Suzanne my sister in-law was such a trooper, she had shingles but did not complain. She had gotten them a week before this trip was planned.


Sawyer had a lot of fun playing with Jacob and Jaylyn

These were the stairs that we had to run or walk. Ha I walked them. They were steep. My brother David liked them. I suppose I would have to if I was not feeling so pooped and tired!. This was great experience with my twin brother. We are always close with being twins, but extra close with doing this triathlon. I do hope to do another one with him. And I was grateful to have had our family members be our fans and cheer us on. Thanks David, Jaylyn, Jacob, Suzanne, Jessica, and Sawyer!

2 comments:
how fun and i'm sure exhausting!!! you have truly inspired me to want to do a triathlon, i'm just not sure i could do the running part? you're amazing!!
Pam-I think you are amazing for trying this!!! Congrats on finishing it and showing us that even in hard times and when you want to give up just to keep going and there are people around you to help you when you don't think you can do it anymore!!! Love ya
Post a Comment