
I have been really lazy in wanting to write about my mother. Not that I don't want to but life has been hectic with going to Florida and just making the time to write about it. Back in December I wrote of my dad and I feel that I owe my mother the same. Its been 21 yrs that she passed away. Jaylyn was only one, Jory three and Janica just turned six. She was in kindergarten. I was young when she passed away. And my mother was not old either. She was only 58. I feel bad that she really never got to know my kids but she will one day. I have some sad memories of my mother that really hurt at times, but I really try to keep the good memories close and not truly forget what she really wanted for her kids in life. I have to remember that as a child for her it was not the best. But I wanted to put more pic's of her but I'm truly dumb as to scanning and making them work to put on here. So all I have is just one. My mother really taught me to be a honest person to respect other people. She gave me good morals to live by. As a teenager I remember one summer she took us to this watermelon farm late late at night and she has us go and pick watermelons. It really was stealing, BUT we took them home and gave them to people that had less. We stole but shared. But I was with my mother. She always thought of other people who had less then us and wanted to help them out. As a child she would go and get crabs at the store and would sit all together and crack open crabs and eat. That was a really big treat. She loved to fish and would take us often late at night and do night fishing. She would fish for carp. Only our family was the only one to eat carp. They say that fish is a trash fish, but hey my mom new how to clean and gut those fish and cook up a fish fry. My mother grew up in the south. New Orleans. She cooked up some great chicken gumbo. Ham hocks and Lima bean. Lima beans are not my favorite. And my least of all least she would cook was okra and rice. YUCK! Slimy stuff. My mother struggled for all of my child hood and adult hood with mental illness. She came to visit me with a one way ticket not knowing when she would return back to Utah. She was with me for 3 days and passed away. I truly believe she knew her time was short. One night we talked about her family. Things that I had never known. I found out that my grandmother her mother spoke french. Wow I took a french class when I was in the 9Th grade. My grandmother was French Indian. I have done my mothers temple work and at times I have felt her presence near me. I am grateful she watches over her family.

2 comments:
This post is really special Mom. I am glad you have been able to look past all the hard times and have been able to focus on the positives she has given you. When you talk about her I know how much you love her, and I know she loved you as well very much. Thank you for giving me the relationship you never had. I am glad you have been able to come so far in your life, and made things better for us. Thank you. I know she is someone special looking over all of us in every way she can.
I can also say that those who have passed before us are watching and gaurding us daily... Much has happened in our home the past few days and the viel has been very thin. My heart swells and my eyes fill with tears when I realize my gaurdian angels walk with me when I cannot do any more... Your family means so much to me. Thanks for all you do.
Post a Comment