Monday, September 22, 2008

Dave The Bishop is released


OK on Sunday the 14Th of Sept, Dave was released as Bishop of our ward. He was Bishop for 7yrs. And he was a counselor for 2 yrs before that. So he has been gone for 9yrs! I will have some one to sit with now on Sundays again. But being released is not all that easy. The process is hard. One day you are taking care of your flock, and then your not. How do you stop those feelings and carry on. Dave has had a hard time with that. We have a great Bishop who replaced Dave. He will do such a great job. In the mean time Dave will be home more to tantalize me. I have been on my own for so long that I will have to get used to him on my own space as well. But we do have projects that we want to do. Ones that I have been waiting for 7yrs! But he has his guns, hunting, quading, the list goes on that he will have more time to think and do! So hurrah to my David for a job well done as the Bishop.

8 comments:

JennBooth said...

You blog looks great!! mine is jennspage-82.blogspot.com i kept putting an @ in there last night:)

Christensen's said...

Hey Mom! Your page is cute! I love the back ground! Its about time

The Meyer Family said...

Pam! I LOVE the blog!!! So cute!! Dave was released!? Crazy. We miss you guys! Please tell everyone hello!!

Suzanne said...

I can't wait to se you guys!! I am so proud of you. I totally deleted everyones blog addresses last night!! I need to get Janica and Jessica's addresses back. I was proud I figured out how to replace them :) I am so looking forward to seeing pics from Az.

Jess said...

Yea! I am so excited you have a blog! It already looks cuter than mine :) Now just keep losing sleep trying to figure out how to perfect it all...good luck, this bloggin thing is addicting. So excited to see all your pic's.

On another note, Congrats to getting your hubby back. 9 years is a seriously long time! He is an amazing guy and the feelings will never go away. I don't think they are supposed to...aren't you a bishop forever technically?!?!

Kara said...

Yay! I'm so glad Janica posted a comment on my blog! We miss Tempe and the Ward, even though it's been 5 years! I loved being in YW with you and Bishop was great! Crazy that it's been 7 years! Well, I hope you don't mind if I check in on your blog every once and awhile to see how you guys are doing!

Rachael said...

I would love to have had him as our bishop! It was a great ward!

Stephanie said...

Your blog is so cute!! I am glad you have one. Congrats to Dave. That is so nice, 7 years is a long time! James was just put in on Sunday as the 2nd counselor......I will definitely feel the pain of sitting alone on Sunday when the twins come!! AH!!