Sunday, September 27, 2009

Bike Season Open!!

I started back to bike riding again. My friend Cheryl and I decided that its kind of cooling down a bit!! Well it will get better as the month ends out. We went on Tuesday of last week and just went for like a couple of hours. It was warm and we had a late start as well. Then on Thursday we got a much earlier start and started out at 9:30 am and ended at 2:40 in the afternoon. We did have breaks in the day. We had lunch at subway and then made our way to the shop. We started out on Val Vista and went to McDowell, then headed down canals, and then we went on Lindsey all the way to Elliot, then to the shop like I said and that's on Mesa Dr and Baseline!! Cheryl has this heart monitor watch that takes her heart rate and counts calories as well as miles that we have biked. When we were done she was calculating what we had done for the day....I said we biked about 15 miles...the verdict is.....30 miles!!! WOW 30 miles. That beats our 27 mile day we did back in the spring. AND we burned 3000 calories!! And it was all fun!! I just love the feeling of just riding and seeing everything. Its going to be a little toasty on Tues when we go, but on Thursday we are going to have a listen to this a cold spell come in and it will be like 88 degrees!! That's perfect bike riding weather!!

No comments: