Okay, so May was sooo busy I almost forgot the most important part!!! My triathlon!! It was the day before Mothers Day, on May 9th. My BFF Cheryl had asked me in Feb to do it with her, and I was not really interested in doing it at all. Really it just scared the crap out of me to do that. Its a half a mile of swim, then 13 miles to bike and then a five k run. Well on Jory's birthday she had me go and do a trial run with her at Tempe town lake. It was a 5 k run. "Hmmm.." I said "well I can do that".....although I had not ran a 5 k since last year in April. But we went, and the wind was sooo bad that day. We finished in a little over a half hour. I said to Cheryl "well I think I will do that with you. I can run the 5 k okay. We have biked 27 miles in one day before. Piece of cake right???". But the swim was a little different. But hey I was up for it. I'm really stupid, I did not train all that hard like I should have. Cheryl and I did take some swimming lessons, but I only did 2 out of the 4! My bad. Well here it is-the day of the triathlon and we are getting ready to get in the water and I can't find David and the kids. Its so funny I had a melt down right there. Cheryl told me I would be ok. Me having a melt down.....so funny. But we just got in the water and I felt a little better. When I finally saw David and the kids- WOW- I will admit I felt A LOT better. Cheryl and I had our flippers on for the swim. No shame in wearing those at all! I did swim on my back a lot though! NO shame in that as well. I was sooo happy when I got to he finish part of the swim.




Here is the transition part of when you get out of the water and then get ready for your bike ride.

Here I am on my way for the 13 mile bike ride!

Cheryl and I going for the run part! Our legs were just a little bit wobbly!

YA the finish line!! We did it in about 2 1/2 hours. Not bad for our very first triathlon!
I'm so proud of Cheryl and I. Our first triathlon-not knowing what to expect in all of it, but we did really well. It's a great accomplishment for us both. We had both of our families there cheering us on. I really loved the support I had that day.
Do I want to do another???? Yes I do! But not tomorrow! Maybe next year. We have talked about going to Rocky Point and doing it. But we would have to swim in the ocean. I've realized I can do better on my swimming part. But it is something to work towards. Thanks Cheryl for pushing me outside of my limits and knowing I can do it!
5 comments:
WOW! That is impressive! A 5K would be enough for me!
That's amazing Pam!
Wish I could of been there to support you.!.
Ahh this is so gREAt! My girlfriend is doing one of these in July. That takes a fit woman you go girl!
You never cease to impress me woman! That is such a great accomplishment and it takes a lot of courage to even consider doing that, much less complete it. Right on.
Post a Comment